This week we will take a look at how to create tests that are compatible with many of today’s mobile devices.
Mobile devices have gradually become a popular way for students to access Web content. This being the case, many universities and content companies have created applications that are designed to work more efficiently within a mobile device environment. Blackboard has taken advantage of this trend and has released a mobile application that allows students to access course content. In addition, Blackboard has created a way for instructors to create tests designed for those accessing their course using devices such as iPads and Galaxy devices.
Use the following steps to create a mobile compatible test within your course.
After entering your course:
1. Locate the location of where you would like to place the test within your course.
2. Click on the grey “Assessements” button located near the top of your content area. Then slide down and click on
“Mobile Compatible Test”
3. A window will appear and ask you to enter in information for your test. Enter in the desired information and click “Save Settings”.
4. It is now time to enter in the questions for this test. Click on “Add Question” and select a question type.
5. Enter in the question and answer text and click “Save Progress” Continue this same process to enter in the remaining questions.
Please note that even though this test has been designed to work on mobile devices, students can still take the test on their personal computer.