Creating a Blackboard Banner Using PowerPoint
This article explains the steps necessary for creating a custom Blackboard course banner using Microsoft PowerPoint.
Creating a custom Banner for a Blackboard course using Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 (or any other version) is a two part process: First you need to create your banner, then you need to upload it to your Blackboard course.
Part 1: Creating your custom Banner with PowerPoint
- Choose Start a new presentation, then choose the Design Tab.
- Choose Slide Size. Then choose Custom Slide Size.
- On the Slide Size window, choose Banner, then OK.
- When prompted, choose Maximize. Leave the default banner dimensions.
- In the Presentation screen, add the course name and other preferred information. Add background colors and images as desired.
- Save the completed banner to your computer as a GIF, JPEG, or PNG file. To do this, click the File button at the top left of the screen, select Save As, then select the location. TIP: Saving to the desktop will make finding and uploading it easier. Select .JPG, .GIF, or .PNG as the file type. Click Save.
- Select Just This One.
Part 2: Uploading your banner to Your Blackboard Course
- Enter your Blackboard course, and choose Customization –> Teaching Style.
- Scroll to the Select Banner section and choose Browse My Computer.
- Navigate to and select the Banner you made in Part 1 above.
- Verify the correct file is attached and choose Submit.