The DEIT team has been talking with students and faculty about the left-hand navigation menu in Blackboard. Based on feedback, we’re going to switch any courses to a new textual navigation menu rather than using buttons. An example is below:
The design is based on the DeSales color schemes – the grey is used by DeSales Athletics and some branded items. The blue and red also are the DeSales colors from the DeSales style guide.
The new menu will be used for classes created on Blackboard after October 8th, 2018. If you would like to update the look of a current course:
- Click on Customization and choose Teaching Style.
- Change the Style from Buttons to Text
- Click on the drop-down menu for Background Color and type in a value of C3C4C5 and hit Apply
- Click on the drop-down menu for Text Color and type in a value of 002855 and hit Apply
- Click Submit at the bottom-right corner of the page
Please contact DEIT (email@example.com or 610-282-1100 x2290) with any questions.