DeSales University recently executed a multi-year agreement with Zoom Communications, Inc. to provide web conferencing services to the university community. We are phasing out use of our other web conferencing platform, Blackboard Collaborate, between now and June 2019.
|Collaborate-to-Zoom Transition Table|
|Program||MAY use Collaborate through the end of||MUST switch to Zoom by the beginning of|
|Traditional Day||Spring Semester 2019||Fall Semester 2019|
|ACCESS||ACCESS Session 4||ACCESS Session 5|
|DPT, M.Ed, MFA, MSPAS||Spring Term 2019||Summer Term 2019|
|DNP, MACJ, MBA, MSIS, MSN||Winter Term 2019||Spring Term 2019|
What you need to know:
- Both Collaborate and Zoom are available for use through June 15. However, DEIT encourages switching to Zoom as soon as possible since Zoom is our platform moving forward. The table above describes when your program needs to be completely cut over to Zoom.
- Collaborate recordings will NOT be available in Collaborate after June 15. If you need to save a recorded Collaborate session, download it as an mp4 file and save it elsewhere. (The steps to locate and download recordings are available online – https://help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/Ultra/Moderator/Get_Started/Record_Sessions) Recommended locations to store downloaded mp4 files include the DeSales media server or Panopto. Storing media files in Blackboard is not Contact DEIT for assistance.
- Zoom is great! Try it. You can use Zoom both in and outside of Blackboard. Instructors can create a Zoom account by clicking the Zoom menu in a Blackboard course. Anyone in the university community (faculty, staff, students) can create a Zoom account by visiting http://desales.zoom.us. You may use Zoom for both university-related and private communications, subject to the university’s Computing Use and Internet Policy.
- Documentation for Zoom can be found at http://support.zoom.us or, for instructors, within the DEIT Faculty Community in Blackboard.
- Group and one-on-one Zoom training is available from DEIT.
Questions? Contact DEIT at 610-282-1100 x2290 or firstname.lastname@example.org.