So many in these days have taken violent steps to gain the things of this world — war to achieve peace; coercion to achieve freedom; striving to gain what slips through the fingers. We might as well give up our great desires, at least our hopes of doing great things toward achieving them, right at the beginning. In a way it is like the paradox of the Gospel, of giving up one’s life in order to save it. ~ Dorothy Day
The Salesian Center for Faith & Culture will host a Salesian Retreat featuring visiting artist, Bro. Mickey McGrath, OSFS, and special guest, Damian Costello, Ph.D., who will speak about Lakota Indian spirituality. The event will take place in the Gambet Center Auditorium on Saturday, October 19 from 10AM-2PM.
This event is free and open to the public … lunch is included!
Take 25% OFF on Champion, League, Gear for Women apparel, hats, drinkware, binders, notebooks, backpacks, earbuds, headphones, and much more!
Visit the Campus Store in the DUC from September 17 – 19, or go online at desalesshop.com
*Exclusions may apply, Sale ends 9/19/2019. Discount taken at register.
Feeling overwhelmed by your workload? Trying to avoid procrastination? The ARC is here to help! Join us in Dooling 104 at 3PM today for a crash course in time management!
Freshmen will receive a Character U Academic Point
Our first Farmers’ Market of the school year is TODAY from 9AM-4PM! The market takes place outside of Sandella’s in the Dorothy Day building. Dining Dollars, cash, Paw Bucks, and credit cards are accepted.
Also, today is National Cheeseburger Day! To celebrate we are offering a Double-Cheeseburger Meal Deal at the Grille in the DUC Food Court during lunch. Get a double cheeseburger, a side of french fries, and a 16.oz fountain drink for just $6.99! This is retail only and between the hours of 11AM and 2PM.
Menus for Wednesday, September 18
- Salad: Loaded Power Salad
- Bistro: Coconut & Black Bean Basmati Rice, Creamy Pasta Primavera, Garden Treasure Vegetables, Pub Style Fish & Chips Platter, Steamed Broccoli, Cinnamon Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries, Turkey, Portobello & Smoky Shiitake Melt
- Grill Special: Double Cheeseburger Meal Deal
- Grill LTO: Social Burger
- Deli LTO: Smoked Turkey & Fresh Mozzarella Sandwich
- Pizza LTO: Sweet & Spicy Maple Chicken Pizzetta
- Blush Pasta Bake
- Walking Taco
- Saute: Omelet Bar
- Bistro: Wild Rice, Roasted Greek Tofu, Baked Citrus Herb Crusted Cod, Green Beans, Steamed Carrots, Baked Idaho Potato, Lemon & Thyme Seared Chicken
*All menus subject to change
- Prime Rib Elite Night – Tuesday, September 24
Add us on Snapchat: dsudining
Interested in joining a current Club Sports Team or starting a new one at DeSales?
Please email Club Sports Director Lindsay (Griffith) Goeller at firstname.lastname@example.org
In preparation for The Shower of Roses on Sunday, October 6 at the Monastery in Coopersburg, the Carmelite Sisters are in need of YARD WORKERS to get the grotto ready.
Volunteers are needed on Saturday, September 21 from 7:30AM – 11AM. (snacks and coffee provided)
The DSU Wellness Task Force would like to announce free, on-campus Fitness/Wellness Classes for DeSales University Employees. Class Schedule is as follows:
- Monday Yoga 12:10PM-12:50PM in Billera Hall Aerobic Room
- Monday Yoga 5-6PM in the DUC
- Wednesday Zumba 5-6PM in DUC Wood Room
- Thursday Yoga 12:10PM-12:50PM in Billera Hall Aerobic Room