LEADSU will accept up to 30 students, so get your application in today and remember this is a FREE leadership program!
- Get application in the Office of Student Engagement and Leadership in McShea
- Applications are due by Friday, April 29
- References are due by Friday, May 6
LEADSU (Leaders Emerging at DeSales University) is a non-credit, two semester, certificate program designed to enhance students’ understanding of effective leadership, the role of character and ethics in leadership, and the unique perspective of leadership in the Salesian tradition. The workshops and activities focus on leadership theory, leadership skills development, ethical decision making, self-awareness, and productive group interaction. The goal of the program is to prepare students to serve as effective, ethical leaders in both their personal and professional lives. Throughout the program students will have an on campus coach who will help guide them through the entire program.
About the LEADSU program
Fall 2011, students will be able to:
- attend three leadership sessions based on the character traits: wisdom/knowledge, courage and temperance
- attend a movie presentation on a multicultural subject
- participate in an off campus weekend leadership summit
- attend sessions on developing a resume, cover letter and interviewing skills
- attend an etiquette dinner
- work on a group project dealing with the history of leadership at DeSales
Spring 2012, students will be able to:
- attend three leadership sessions based on the character traits: honesty, justice and transcendence
- attend a second movie presentation on a multicultural subject
- participate in a service project
- participate in an approved leadership position on campus
- attend off campus leadership conferences and experiences at other colleges and universities
- present an individual leadership capstone project to the DeSales University community on their LEADSU experience.
To be eligible, students need to meet the following requirements:
- Freshman, sophomore, junior status at time of application
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA at time of application. Must hold a 2.0 throughout the program
- In good judicial standing with University (i.e. no disciplinary probation)
- Must be willing to acknowledge strengths and shortcomings and be open to personal growth
For more info: Nick Luchko, email@example.com, 610-282-1100 ext 1843.