Just a reminder that Blackboard Learn 9.1 will replace ANGEL as DeSales’ new Learning Management System this August. All courses starting on or after August 19th, 2013 will be offered in Blackboard.
A pilot has been conducted by the Department of Distance Education and Instructional Technology (DEIT) with selected courses in ACCESS Session 5. The pilot study has yielded useful information in managing the transition from ANGEL to Blackboard Learn. You can click here to view the pilot report.
To address the issues found during the pilot and improve the experiences for all faculty and students, DEIT has made the following improvements:
- Created a Blackboard Guided Tour video for faculty and students that orients them to navigation
- Produced a Quick Start to Blackboard Learn and new series of TIP tutorials for faculty to smooth the changes from ANGEL
- Upgraded Blackboard Learn to SP11 to address known issues and discussion forum concerns
- Recorded workshops sessions for those who cannot join at the time of the workshops
- Changed DSU Email link to Send DSU Email
DEIT has scheduled three online Blackboard overview sessions for students in August and will continue offering faculty and student professional development workshops on Blackboard Learn that highlight other integrated instructional technologies such as Panopto Focus, Blackboard Mobile App, Blackboard Collaborate, Respondus. Further, DEIT has been using different channels to communicate with students and faculty regarding the training and support services and will continue to do so. Those channels include print and video communications to the Distance Education Advisory Group, the Academic Technologies Committee, direct email to academic program coordinators/staff assistants, postings on the DSU Daily, DEIT Department website, and the DEIT Word of Mouse blog. Finally, detailed help and support resources are available on the Resources tab, in the Distance Education Student Orientation course, and the DEIT Faculty Community in DeSales’ Blackboard platform (https://desales.blackboard.com).