Friday, March 20, 2015, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m., Trexler Library PC2
Bring your lunch and DEIT will provide dessert and hot beverages!
The Distance Education and Instructional Technology department (DEIT) is presenting “Blackboard for the Classroom Instructor” on Friday, March 20 at 12:00 p.m. in Trexler Library PC2 (the computer lab on the second level in the library across from the front stairs). This session is especially for classroom instructors who want to learn how to incorporate Blackboard and its features into their traditional course. Blackboard course shells are created automatically for every course at DeSales – why not leverage this space to enhance your traditional day course?
The objectives of this session are for participants to learn and interact with the following Blackboard topics:
- Logging on to and navigating through Blackboard
- Posting Announcements for students
- Posting Content Items like syllabi and lectures.
- Creating Discussion Boards to promote student interaction and learning spaces
- Creating, posting, and grading Assignments
- Creating and posting quizzes or tests through Blackboard
- This session will be presented by Samantha Levis and Jim Holton from DEIT. Instructors who are looking to learn more about Blackboard and its features are encouraged to participate and share their experiences. Questions and discussion will be encouraged.
If you have questions about the session, please contact Eric Hagan, Director of DEIT, at 610-282-1100 x1689.
To sign up or view other DEIT workshops, click here: desales.edu/workshops