The 2017-2018 Housing Application will be available starting March 1 and will close March 22nd at 11:59 p.m. You can access the Housing Application on your MyDSU page under “Housing@DSU“.
All information can be found on your MyDSU page under Life@DeSales -> Residence Life -> Housing Selection (Upper Class Only).
PLEASE READ THE PAGES ON MYDSU BEFORE GOING THOUGH THE PROCESS.
It is important that you fill out the application if you intend to live on campus. Please make sure that you do not miss the application window to apply. If you do, you will not be able to select a room until after all students have gone through selection.
Housing Changes for 2017-2018 …
Upper Class Village
The university is building one additional Upper Class Villa that will be available for selection this year. This unit will house 6 people compared to the 5 person units in Harvey and Finnegan.
Each villa will consist of two single bed rooms and two double rooms as well as a laundry room, kitchen, living room and three full bathrooms. There will also be a small study space located on the second and third floor.
When applying for a villa, your group will need to pick either the 6 person unit or the 5 person unit to apply for. You cannot apply for both. Please read the document when applying for the villages to see how the point system works.
The University Heights will consist of units 13-20 for next year. You must have a group of 8 to go through the selection process.
The application forms will be available on MyDSU and you can print and return to my office.
Going forward, DeChantal Hall will remain an all wellness building. However, there will be only one female and one male wing for upper class housing selection. The other half of the building will remain for possible freshman wellness selection.
Brisson Hall will remain single room selection for the upcoming year and the second floor will not be remodeled.
Some important things to note:
- You must complete up to step 10 by 11:59 p.m. on March 22. Step 11 will allow you to browse potential rooms but not select them.
- IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE AN APPLICATION BY THE DEADLINE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PICK UNTIL AFTER SELECTION AND YOUR ROOMMATE WILL HAVE TO FIND ANOTHER PERSON TO ROOM WITH OR WAIT TO PICK AS WELL.
- You will receive an email notification that the application portion is complete. After April 3rd, you will receive your time slot for selecting a room. You are not done with the housing selection process until you choose and confirm your room selection on your selection date and time!
- You can select a roommate and suite mates through the application process as well. At selection time, if there is not an entire suite available, you will have to pick for just you and your roommate.
- There are specific instructions you must follow if you are looking to select a Village or Height. These instructions can be found on the MyDSU pages.
- You MUST have a roommate in order to select a room. If you cannot find your roommate in step 9, make sure they have completed their application as well, and make sure you are spelling their name correctly. If all else fails, browse all matching roommates and you can scroll through them to find who you are looking for.
- All spaces that are available to select for a housing are visible to select. There may be a few spaces that are offline and may appear to be empty but are not and you will not be able to select them.