Save the Date: 2018 Healthcare Open Enrollment

Do you know the value of your health insurance?

DeSales is proud to say that it ranks the highest among our partner LVAIC schools in providing the most comprehensive medical benefit plan(s) when comparing medical plan claims coverage and employer contribution towards the monthly premium.

Currently, for an individual only policy under the $500/$1500 deductible medical insurance plan, the University contributes 93% of the monthly cost for the health insurance premium, leaving you to pay only the remaining 7%.

For those of you who carry family coverage under the same deductible plan as above, the University absorbs 89% of this cost, leaving you with only 11% to contribute each month for your entire family. [Read more…]

Students: Check Your Mailbox!

Make sure to check your mailbox at the end of this week! Colleges Against Cancer will be placing ballots in each student’s mailbox to vote for this year’s Relay for Life theme. Place your vote in the CAC boxes stationed around McShea.


Load Paw Bucks. Unlock Rewards.

New at DeSales Dining: Load Paw Bucks. Unlock Rewards. Load at least $50 onto your Paw Bucks account and receive…

  • Salad, Sandwich, & Coffee Loyalty Cards (Buy 9 get the 10th free!)
  • Free food coupons worth over $10
  • A freebie on your birthday

Getting your rewards is easy! Just deposit online & show us your confirmation email at the DUC.


Chemistry Demonstrations Public Performance, 11/1

The natural science department chemistry faculty and students will present the 17th Annual Chemistry Demonstrations Program Public Performance on Wednesday, November 1, at 7:00 p.m. in the Hurd Science Center Auditorium.

This is a family event and all ages are welcome. This event is free and open to the DeSales community and the general public; however, seating is limited and reservations are strongly encouraged. Due to the popularity of the event, seating is assigned. The first to reply will have seats closest to the front of the auditorium. Please email to reserve your seat(s) and you will receive an email confirming your reservation. Unfortunately, the auditorium only seats 99 and, although we love to have a full house, due to safety concerns we can only accommodate a limited number for the performance. [Read more…]

Disability Awareness Month – Do you know what an Autism Spectrum Disorder is?

What is Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)?
A complex developmental disorder affecting verbal and nonverbal communication and social interaction. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2016), the prevalence of autism is 1 in 68 births.

One type of ASD is Asperger’s – this is a high-functioning form of autism. People with this form of autism tend to have large vocabularies and superior cognitive skills, as demonstrated in the following video I have Aspergers Syndrome.

Autistic Savant – another form of autism. People with this form tend to demonstrate profound capacities or abilities far beyond what is considered normal. For examples, watch Mysteries of the Brain: Daniel Tammet and/or A musical savant shows talent.


Volunteer at Girls on the Run, 12/2

Volunteer at the Girls on the Run 5K at DeSales on Saturday, December 2. Volunteers are needed from approximately 7:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Sign up here or stop by our table in the DUC during lunch from November 6-10.


Today: Refocus & Refresh – Student Success Workshop

Feeling the post-midterm stress? Come learn about self-care strategies and practice guided meditation!

Wednesday, 10/25
6-7 p.m.
DUC – Trexler Room
Bring a yoga mat or blanket (not required)

Freshmen who attend will receive a Character U academic or wildcard point!