In today’s Tip of the Week, Mark and Amanda share smart strategies for making healthy choices when dining out.
DeSales Community –
In order to prepare for an update that our payment provider (ACI) is going to make, we are changing settings in WebAdvisor. This will only affect Make a Payment between 12-1 p.m. on Monday, March 5.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.
Make 2018 your year! Join us for a FREE Weight Watchers Open House that will include a Tricky Tray Raffle and giveaways! The Open House will be 30 minutes of information, encouragement, and FUN! Learn about the new WW Freestyle program based off of The SmartPoints system which uses nutritional science to make healthy eating simple – “Eat What You Love, and Lose Weight!” No food is off-limits!
We will need 15 paying members to hold the Weight Watchers at Work session which would begin on 3/15. The cost is $125 for 10 weeks.
Date: Thursday, March 8
Time: 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Location: McShea Kender
To sign up for the Open House, please contact Lisa Lightcap at x1369 or email email@example.com.
Offer up all such occasions to [God], and if sometimes you are put out, and give way to impatience, do not be discouraged, but make haste to regain your lost composure. St. Francis de Sales
Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival is seeking one African-American elementary aged male, one White elementary/middle school aged male, and one Latvian-American elementary aged girl to play roles in Ragtime this summer at PSF. Rehearsals begin May 22, opening is June 13, closing is July 1. Rehearsals for child actors will be mostly nights and weekends. This is a fully professional production with Equity actors and a number of other early-career professional actors. These three roles will be cast with non-union local child actors. Actors cast in these three roles will each receive a single $100 honorarium, intended to help defray the parent’s/guardian’s transportation expense of the daily commute. (Reliable daily transportation is a necessity.) The real value is the experience of a lifetime and a professional credit for the resume. There will be 8 performances per week, Tuesday through Sunday nights, with matinees on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. The actors must be fully available for all rehearsals and performances.
Please go to www.pashakespeare.org/psf_jobs for character breakdowns and more information. Please schedule an audition appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. More information and music will be provided in advance via email to prepare.
Fr. Jim continues to host “Listening Sessions” around campus as a way for him to get a wide view of the University as he begins his tenure as the fourth president of DeSales University. Below is an updated list of the “sessions.” Each session will be held in the DUC unless otherwise noted.
- Monday, February 12 at 1 p.m. – Athletics staff
- Tuesday, February 13 at 8 a.m. – Division of Performing Arts faculty/staff
- Friday, February 23 at 2:30 p.m. – DEIT and Library staff (Butz Room in Trexler Library)
- Monday, February 26 at 9:30 a.m. – LASS faculty/staff
- Thursday, March 8 at 9:30 a.m. – Institutional Advancement staff (Gambet – Room 245)
- Monday, March 12 at 3:00 p.m. – Division of Sciences and Mathematics faculty/staff
- Friday, March 16 at 1:30 p.m. – Police Department (Lawless – P.D. Conference Room)
- Thursday, March 22 at 11 a.m. – PSF faculty and staff
- Friday, March 23 at 9 a.m. – Division of Healthcare (except Nursing) faculty/staff
- Friday, March 23 at 1 p.m. – Campus Environment staff and Emergency Services staff
You are welcome to attend any session if you are unable to make it with your group.