“Whenever I groan within myself and think how hard it is to keep writing about love in these times of tension and strife which may, at any moment, become for us all a time of terror, I think to myself: What else is the world interested in? What else do we all want, each one of us, except to love and be loved, in our families, in our work, in all our relationships? God is Love. Love casts out fear. Even the most ardent revolutionist, seeking to change the world, to overturn the tables of the money changers, is trying to make a world where it is easier for people to love, to stand in that relationship to each other…There can never be enough of it.” ~ Dorothy Day
Avast, one of the programs that we use for anti-virus protection, has changed their business model and will no longer allow us to use their product for free. That means most of you either have, or will shortly receive notification on your computer that the Avast Trial has expired.
No need to worry as you are still being protected by the other product we use, Cylance.
In order to prevent the expired version of Avast from affecting your computer in a negative way, particularly for those that use the Global Protect VPN client, it is important to restart your computer as soon as possible or if you find that something is not working as expected. We are exploring other options to work in conjunction with Cylance and will keep you posted.
For this week’s TIP, Mark Krug, talks about how you can cut back on eating snacks at your next holiday party.
- A spam email will come from a name that is familiar, but an incorrect email address.
- A spam email is always ‘urgent’ or ‘time sensitive.’
- A spam email will have incorrect information, such as spelling errors, incorrect domain names, etc.
DEIT Presents the Super Retro Video Game Christmas Bash on Tuesday, December 18. Featuring the following video game playforms: NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Switch, Playstation 2, XBox, and Arcade classics.
The Christmas Bash will be held in Dooling Hall, Skylight Lounge from 12PM-4PM.
Final grades for the Fall Day Semester are due via WebAdvisor no later than Monday, December 17, by 12PM.
This deadline must be honored to clear students for graduation.
In order to enter your grades:
- Logon to MyDSU.
- Select ‘Webadvisor for Faculty’
- Under ‘Faculty Information’, select ‘Grading’
- Fall 2018
- Select Grading period: Final
- All students on your grade roster must be given a grade.
- If the student never attended your class, check the ‘Never Attended’ box and enter a grade of ‘FA’.
- Enter grades. To familiarize yourself with our grading system, refer to page 21 of the 2018-2019 DeSales University Undergraduate Catalog available at www.desales.edu. An ‘Expire Date’ is only required for grades of ‘I’ (Incomplete).
- Enter PO or FO for any Pass/Fail grades. Enter AU for audits.
- Only enter the ‘Last Date of Attendance’ if the student stopped attending your class during the semester. A grade of ‘FA’ (failure because of excessive absence) may be appropriate.
- Enter the number of absences. You must enter absences for all freshmen and students on academic probation.
- Click submit to finalize your grades.
- You will immediately receive a grading confirmation notice. If you do NOT receive confirmation, your grades have not been received.
- Grades will be available for your students after our office runs a grade verification process. This process will occur daily.
Questions? Judy Schwartz, x1212