Salesian Quote of the Day

Though the city of Annecy was a Protestant stronghold, the historic diocese of Geneva still existed from its new seat: Annecy. The canons of St Peter’s Cathedral of Geneva and the catholic orders moved to Annecy. The bishop, Francis de Sales, started to reside permanently in Annecy from 1568. This encouraged the construction of many monuments: the Nemours lodge of the castle, St Peter’s Cathedral, Lambert House and the bell tower of Notre-Dame de Liesse.