To learn how Zoom works and what you can do with it, come to a 45 minute training session:
- WHAT: Zoom Training
- WHEN: Wednesday, April 10, 3PM
- WHERE: Dooling Hall, Room 209 OR online at http://tinyurl.com/DEITZoom
- BRING: OPTIONAL: your laptop, smartphone or tablet for a hands-on experience
- WHY: To learn how to set up video conference calls for meetings, interviews, virtual wedding and baby showers (!)
- REGISTER: http://www.desales.edu/workshops
Zoom is DeSales’ new official video conferencing system. Any member of the university community can create a full-featured Pro account at http://desales.zoom.us (or select the Zoom link from the Applications tab in the MyDSU portal). Your Zoom Pro account allows you to create and run live video conferencing sessions from any device with a webcam and microphone.
As part of the transition to Zoom, Collaborate will be shut down in mid-June. If you have Collaborate recordings you wish to save, be sure to download them before the system shuts down. Our Panopto video system is NOT affected; Panopto continues to be DeSales’ preferred tool for recording lectures and other presentations. Zoom is best for live web sessions, although these can also be recorded.
For more information: see this post on DEIT’s Word of Mouse blog.
Questions? Contact the Distance Education and Instructional Technology Department (DEIT) at 610-282-1100 x2290 or email@example.com.