❄️ As we begin the new year, we’d like to outline our snow and bad weather procedures. Please know that the safety and well-being of our entire DeSales family — students, faculty and staff — is very important to us. Please be careful.
DeSales University’s procedure for snow and inclement weather is as follows:
- A decision is made whether to close, delay, or remain open by 6 a.m.
- The decision is communicated via the University’s home page, main telephone number (610.282.1100), e2campus, social media, and local media (see below for the list).
- If necessary, this process is then repeated by 2 p.m. for evening classes.
- University officials make the decision using the best information they have available at the time.
- Because the weather can be unpredictable, it is sometimes difficult to determine how a 6 a.m. decision will play out at 10 a.m. or noon.
- The weather at the DeSales campus may be quite different from where you live.
- Students who decide not to attend class on a day of questionable weather should communicate directly with the faculty members who teach their classes.
- DeSales has many online learning options available to you, please contact DEIT for guidance.
- Please communicate in a timely manner with your students about any changes in course delivery on days of inclement weather.