Every child deserves a little Christmas.
This holiday season please support the Toys for Tots Program!
On behalf of the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, our DeSales Vets for Vets are collecting Toys for Tots. Please find boxes located throughout the campus.
Donations will be accepted now until December 14th.
Questions/Concerns please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This week is Hunger & Homelessness Awareness Week. Please join us tomorrow morning:
Saturday November 17 — Allentown Rescue Mission Food Drive, 10AM-3PM
Depart from Dorothy Day Commons at 9:30AM
Food/Toiletry collection for the Allentown Rescue Mission.
The DeSales Wellness Task Force invites all faculty and staff members to attend the November Wellness Lunch and Learn on Tuesday, November 20, 2018 from 12PM to 1PM in the Wood/Heritage Conference Room located in the DeSales University Center.
Please bring your lunch and join Chef John Francisco, who will be conducting a food demo (including free samples) & education on how to eat healthy and “Avoid the Holiday Eight-Gain” by turning your Thanksgiving leftovers in to healthy food options. All of us in the Wellness Task Force hope to see you there!
Want to help plan one of the largest events on campus? Apply for the Special Olympics committee. Positions available include competition, volunteer recruitment, awards, opening ceremonies, olympic village, logistics, medical, computers/technology, media and more!
Apply on Engage, under the Forms section. Develop real life skills, make an impact, practice leadership and engage the campus community. Applications due Sunday November 18, 11:45pm.
Advent by Candlelight is a special event to become prayerfully renewed and refreshed before the Christmas rush begins.
This is an opportunity to relax and focus on the season of Advent – a wonderful time of waiting and anticipation.
In an elegant atmosphere, lit only by candlelight, guests enjoy refreshments, followed with a service that includes prayer, song, readings and reflections focused on this year’s theme of “Prepare the Way.”
Friday, December 14 at noon in Kender – no RSVP required. Light refreshments served.
Friday, December 14 at 6:30pm in Kender – RSVP required. Alumni and DeSales faculty, staff and administration are welcome to bring a guest. Cocktail reception and appetizers served.
Presentations will be given by the following alumni:
- Marshall Bonaskiewich, 2016
- Marie Dooley, 2011
- Jojo Miller, 2015
Please email Magdalene Riggins, Director of Campus Ministry to make your reservation for the evening event by Tuesday, Dec. 11. Magdalene.email@example.com
The most important way to get emergency messages is e2Campus! All students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to enroll in the e2Campus system. You will need your email address, cell phone number, and the name of your cell phone carrier.
If you have previously signed up for e2Campus, you do not need to sign-up again for the system. If you are currently signed up and are not receiving messages, please contact Dennis Rasley at ext. 1513 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to https://desales.omnilert.net/
- Click on “Sign Up” on the upper right hand corner of the page.
- Create a username and password and enter your first and last name
- Select your affiliation in the optional groups section, i.e. All Residents, Bethlehem Area Campus, Commuters, Canter Valley Faculty, Center Valley Staff and Administration, Lansdale Area Campus, or Online Only
- Remember to record your user name and password in a safe place so you can easily get back into the system to make changes.
- Once you enter your cell phone number and provider, you will receive a text message from 79516 with your validation code. Enter your validation code in the box and click validate. If successfully validated, your cell phone number(s) and carrier(s) will be listed in the “SMS Numbers” menu.
- If you would like to receive alerts via email, enter your email address in the “Email Addresses” tab and then follow the provider instructions to validate your email address.
- You are now signed up for e2Campus at DeSales University!
- Your account will expire four years from your sign-up date.
If you have any difficulties or experience any problems in signing up for e2Campus, please contact Dennis Rasley, Director of Emergency Services, at 610-282-1100, ext. 1513 or EmergencyServices@desales.edu.