Marc Albanese walks us through the new Gambet Center for Business and Healthcare. If the video doesn’t display properly below, you can watch it here »
The next two weeks in career services are filled with job and internship opportunities, as well as graduate school preparation!
- Are you still trying to figure out what DSU CareerLINK is? After attending one of the following mini sessions, “How to use DSU CareerLINK”, you will have all your questions answered. Each session is 30 minutes in length and will be held in Career Services (Dooling 121). The dates and times for this event are 2/5 at 10am and 11am & 2/7 at 9am and 11am.
- Kaplan is leading a presentation on 2/5 from 5-30 to 6:30pm in the Wood Room, where they will discuss the importance of and how to improve upon your personal statement for your graduate school applications! You must register via DSU CareerLINK or visit the career services website and click on “events” tab to register.
- On 2/7 the Director of Career Services, Kristin Eicholtz, will be facilitating a Career Fair Prep Seminar from 5:30-6:30pm in the Kender Room (McShea). This is in preparation for the Lehigh Valley Collegiate Career Expo the following week, 2/13 12-4:30 at the Holiday Inn in Fogelsville, PA. For more information and to view attending employers, please visit www.lvcce.org.
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter (@DSUCareerServic).
Students: We are accepting student tour guide applications!
The Admissions office is looking to hire students who would be interested in providing tours of our campus to prospective students and their families. This is a paid work-study position. If you would like to share your DSU experience and speak to students who may be interested in a similar major to yours, please email Amy.Lowry@desales.edu by February 4 to receive an application and schedule an interview.
Faculty/staff: We are seeking student tour guide recommendations!
The Admissions Office is looking for recommendations for student tour guide positions. These students provide tours of our campus to prospective students and their families, while sharing their experience at DSU. This is a paid position. If you would like to recommend a student who you believe would serve as a positive representative for the University, please send their name(s), and the major of study they are pursuing to Amy.Lowry@desales.edu by February 4.
What to Do at DSU this weekend!
Friday, February 1:
• 7:30 AM – Pro-Life Club Prayer Vigil at Planned Parenthood – Depart from McShea
• 5:00 PM – Men’s Indoor Track and Field: New Balance Games
• 8:00 PM – Winter Carnival – Billera
Saturday, February 2:
• 7:30 AM – Pro-Life Club Prayer Vigil at Allentown Women’s Center – Depart from McShea
• 9:00 AM – Men’s and Women’s Indoor Track and Field Meet (AWAY) @ East Stroudsburg
• 1:00 PM – Women’s Basketball (AWAY) @ Misericordia University
• 3:00 PM – Men’s Basketball (AWAY) @ Misericordia University
• 5:30 PM – Mass – Connelly Chapel
• 7:30 PM – Ballroom Dancing Club Lesson – Brisson Dance Studio
• 8:00 PM – Comedians: Adam Hunter and Shang Forbes – McShea
Sunday, February 3:
• 12:30 PM – Mass – Connelly Chapel (NO 8:00pm Mass)
• 6:00 PM – Super Bowl Party – McShea
*All events are subject to change*
• Tickets for the 76ers game on February 9th are now on sale! Sign up in the Student Activities Office. Cost is $10 for ticket and transportation!
• Get your tickets for the Adventure Aquarium Semi-Formal on February 23! Cost is $40 per ticket and off-campus guests are welcome. Stop by the Office of Student Engagement and Leadership to purchase your tickets!
• Don’t forget that movie rentals are available to students at the vending machine in McShea for just $1.49 per night!
• Want the Bulldog mascot at your next event? Fill out the Bulldog Reservation Form here: http://web1.desales.edu/default.aspx?pageid=13761
• Need your event photographed? Contact the Yearbook at the following link to have a staff member come out to your event! http://web1.desales.edu/default.aspx?pageid=14864
Do you want to get current updates about what’s happening on campus?
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DSUEngagement<http://www.twitter.com/DSUEngagement>
Like our Facebook page: DeSales University Student Engagement and Leadership
Questions? Contact Nick Luchko at Nicholas.Luchko@desales.edu<or Tracy Gallagher at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Division of Business invites the DeSales community to read the Winter 2013 issue of Business Matters. Students will especially enjoy reading the alumni success stories and learning how internships and community service events helped alumni achieve their career goals. The Save the DSU Dates article has some events listed that you like to attend. You may download Business Matters at www.desales.edu/business
If you have any questions, you may contact Joyce Rhoads at Joyce.Rhoads@desales.edu.
For this month, check out our workshops on smart classroom technologies in Center Valley and Easton. Be the first ones to know the new Blackboard platform by participating in our “Introducing Blackboard Learn” sessions. Also join us for a refresher on Panopto, Blackboard Collaborate, and best practices in encouraging academic integrity and effective discussions online.
Learn about those topics and more by registering for a professional development workshop at desales.edu/workshops!
For questions please contact email@example.com.
Campus Ministry is looking for someone to lead Stations of the Cross every Friday in Lent at 12:05pm in Wills Hall Chapel.
Stations of the Cross prayer booklets are provided.
The dates are:
- Friday, Feb. 15
- Friday, Feb. 22
- Friday, March 1
- Friday, March 8 (Spring Break)
- Friday, March 15
- Friday, March 22
You do not need to sign up for all dates – You can choose one date when you would like to lead.
Please email Maggie: Magdalene.firstname.lastname@example.org with your date.
Scholarship Day for the incoming freshman class will be held this Saturday, February 2.
Undeclared students will be attending the morning session of Scholarship Day. We are looking for faculty members to help interview Undeclared students who have not yet indicated a track of study. In the past the number of Undeclared students has exceeded the number of faculty members available to interview them in the allotted time, so any volunteers would be much appreciated.
Faculty interviewers will be needed from 9:00AM – 11:00AM. Please consider this a real opportunity to recruit these students to your divisions.
If you are available to help or have any questions, please contact Melissa Tran at Melissa.Tran@desales.edu or ext. 1328.