DeSales MBA – EL550 & Peru Study Tour Details
The DeSales MBA program will be offering EL550 again in the Spring 2013 session. The EL550 International Practicum: Global Issues in Peru course offers the opportunity to apply a global perspective to your individual MBA concentration. It will be multidisciplinary, covering current topics over the broad spectrum of MBA concentrations and apply those concepts in a real-life global experience through corporate visits in Peru. The course will include an 8 day trip to Peru. The trip will include visits to companies and cultural excursions throughout Lima and additional trips to Cusco and Machu Picchu.
Class begins the week of April 7.
Trip to Lima will take place May 3 – May 10, 2013
Transportation to/from the airport (US)
Pick up at Lot 9:30 am May 3, 2013
BILLERA HALL PARKING LOT – Landis Mill Rd side
Flights to and from Lima, Peru (non-stop)
Friday, May 4, 2012 CO flight 1095 departs Newark at 2:20 P.M. and arrives Lima at 9:05. P.M. same day
Friday, May 11, 2012 CO flight 1005 departs Lima at 10:35 P.M. and arrives Newark on May 12th at 7:30 A.M.
Hotel in Lima includes breakfast May 3, and 6- 9, 2013 Roosevelt Hotel – www.hotelroosevelt.com
Lima to Cuzco: (includes) May 4-5, 2013
round-trip flights, transfers to & from airport/hotel, city tour & nearby ruins tour, with a professional English speaking guide on the tours, Machu Picchu tour incl. lunch at the Sanctuary Lodge, two nights at the Prisma Hotel, including two breakfasts per person.
Prisma Hotel – www.hotelprismacusco.com
Flight back to Lima
Student visits to Lima companies: May 6-9, 2013
Companies to be determined
Free Day May 10, 2013
Transportation from hotel to Lima airport May 10, 2013
Leave Hotel at 7:00 pm, flight leaves at 10:30 pm
Arrive US – 7:22 AM
Transportation from Newark back to DeSales.
Details – Tour of Cusco /Machu Picchu
- Arrival to Cusco and transfer from the Airport to the Hotel.
- Morning free for acclimatization.
- By the after City Tour excursion places to visit the Qoricancha, The Cathedral, Sacsayhuaman, Q’enqo, Puka Pukara and Tambomachay.
- Overnight in hotel.
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Very early in the morning transfer to the train station of Poroy – Cusco to take your train Backpacker to visit Machu Picchu. The train arrives in Aguas Calientes, the village whence buses are taken during 25 minutes to get the mountain called Machu Picchu. The tour to Machu Picchu (the archeological complex) is about 2 hours and a half, which is leaded by a professional tour guide who will explain the most plausible theories about the secrets of Machu Picchu. We are sure you will also take the best pictures of the impressive Machu Picchu.
- Lunch buffet at Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge
- Transfer to the train station to return to Cuzco city.
- Transfer to hotel in Cuzco.
- Overnight in hotel.
- Breakfast at the hotel
- A coordinated time transfer to Cuzco airport for your flight bound for Lima.
Departure to Cusco and transfer from the hotel to the airport.
Tags: cultural experience, DeSales, DeSales MBA, food, global, Globalization, Interculture competence, international business, MBA, MBA Alumni, MBA faculty, MBA students, Part time MBA, Peru, study tours