Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

The Minstrel on The Street

“There need to be security guards in the freshman dorms, at least overnight, to help with the college transition and all the new freedom.” - Miranda Scalfaro, Senior Criminal Justice Major

“Students pay a premium price to live in the Heights, but many of the Height Units are outdated and in need of repair. From my experience, the cleaning ladies come to the Heights once every two weeks, and for the price that Height residents pay, I think we should have a cleaning service come every week. As I mentioned before, for the price that we pay, the living conditions at the Heights aren’t much better than anywhere else on campus.” – John Modesto, Senior Accounting/Management of Information Technology Major
“I want security guards back, at the very least in the freshman dorms. I moved to the Heights because there were no security guards there, and that was a privilege. The environment has changed since the guards left campus.” – Kelly Dixon, Senior Pharmaceutical Marketing Major

By Paul Rakszawski
The Minstrel

…What can DeSales do better in 2011?

“They need to be more timely in their snow removal response on the sidewalks and roads. They need to deal with the parking lots—there aren’t enough spots to move our cars to, especially behind Welsh and Aviat. And then there are the parking spots that never get cleared of snow. Teachers, PA, and Nursing students—anyone who needs to get off campus early in the morning—can’t get off campus because the roads are so bad. And it’s just frustrating because the main roads are perfectly fine.”

- Leah Beynon
Senior Physician Assistant Major

“Why is there no Wi-Fi in the Heights? That should be something that we have. In fact, they should have Wi-Fi everywhere on campus.”

- Kait Dalton
Senior, Pharmaceutical Marketing Major

“They need to bring back the security guards, especially in the freshman dorms, because they bring a sense of security and it helps the RA’s.” - Kathleen Ramaika, Junior Physician Assistant Major

“I think this school needs to take the weather more seriously. Certain situations can be really dangerous for commuters, and even when just walking across campus, some days, can be difficult because the sidewalks are not cleared very well.”

- Margaret Bewley
Senior, Theology Major

“I think they should extend the library hours—it needs to be open earlier on Sundays and later on Saturday nights.”

- Meghan Costello
Senior, Pharmaceutical Marketing Major

I had a great lottery number—but I got stuck living in Welsh this year. I wanted to live in Donahue, but there were so many sophomores pulled in as suitemates that Donahue was full by my turn to pick. They need to eliminate the ability to pull in suitemates.” – Bill Schmoyer, Junior Accounting Major”]

“DeSales can do housing selection better. I’m a junior, and [last year

“They should put water fountains along the walls in the Rec. courts in Billera—there’s nowhere to get a drink anywhere near there.”

- Tyler Parisi
Sophomore, Marketing and Sport Management Major

“They need to make it safe to walk across streets on campus by enforcing the yield signs at crosswalks, specifically in front of Billera and Hurd.”

- Tim Anzovino
Junior, Communication Major

“I want to be able to park anywhere behind the DUC and at the library parking lot. I hate having to park so far away from everything that I’m trying to get to on campus.”

- Kelly Morrison
Junior, Elementary Education Major

“DeSales should expand itself to the outside community. There are many organizations and restaurants that DeSales students could benefit from if there was a joint plan with these organizations.”

- Dan Botempo
Senior, Theatre Major

“The school needs to provide us with more toilet paper. The cleaning ladies only come every other week, and I have had to buy my own toilet paper because my height ran out, multiple times.”

- Stephanie Kemp
Senior, Sport and Exercise Science Major